Pursuant to Article 104 of the Electricity Market Act (OG 111/2021) and after obtaining the approval of the Croatian Energy Regulatory Agency, the Management Board of the Croatian Transmission System Operator (HOPS) adopted the “Ten-Year Development Plan of the Croatian Transmission Network 2022-2031 with a detailed elaboration for the initial three-year and one-year period” published here (plan and annexes).
In the preparation of the development plan of the Croatian transmission network 2022-2031, the strategic guidelines are based on ensuring the long-term ability of the system to meet the expected needs for electricity transmission, and a secure, reliable and efficient transmission system, taking into account environmental protection, in close cooperation with neighboring system operators as follows:
- planning of long-term investments of the company with the aim of ensuring security of supply of customers in the territory of the Republic of Croatia,
- creating preconditions for a green energy transition through National Recovery and Resilience Plan that will enable the transition of the Croatian energy sector to reduced carbon emissions and accelerate the low-carbon development of the Republic of Croatia in accordance with the EU guidelines and the Energy Development Strategy of the Republic of Croatia,
- achieving satisfactory availability and adequacy of the Croatian transmission network for the smooth running of activities of all participants in the electricity market (producers, traders and suppliers, and other entities),
- enabling the connection of new users to the transmission network under equal, transparent and non-discriminatory conditions,
- compliance of the development plan with ENTSO-E Ten-Year Network Development Plan (TYNDP),
- implementation of advanced technologies through which the optimal use of the electricity system in the ownership of the Croatian Transmission System Operator (HOPS) is achieved,
- adoption of EU directives and legislation on the basis of which the operation of transmission system operators is established under market principles with the aim of increasing social benefits,
- cooperation with neighbouring operators on the development and implementation of advanced systems that increase the benefits for companies within the EU,
- operations based on positive business processes with the aim of creating preconditions for long-term positive activities of the company with which the preconditions for efficient management and development of the transmission system are met.