According to the time scale, system operation planning is divided in short-term, medium.-term and long-term planning.
Short-term planning includes:
- preparation of technical data for a day ahead system operation,
- issuance of consent for technical feasibility of Market Plan and for switching operations in the network,
- preparation of System Operation Plan
Medium-term planning includes:
- coordination of maintenance planning for transmission plants and giving of consent to maintenance schedule for generating plants,
- preparation of system load shedding plan,
- preparation of consumption reduction plan in case of major system disturbances or insufficient procurement of electricity,
- preparation of system restoration plan.
Long-term planning includes:
- preparation of long-term demand forecast for the purposes of transmission development planning,
- identification and investigation of possible weaknesses in the system and selection of technical solution for their removal.