HOPS purchases the losses by minimizing their total cost according to transparent, non-discriminatory market based procedures pursuant to Article 29, Paragraph 15 of the Electricity Market Act.
HOPS contracts the long-term (annual, quarterly or monthly) supply of losses, while on daily basis HOPS procures short-term losses on the Croatian Power Exchange (CROPEX) thus providing energy to cover losses in the transmission network.
Long-term supply: Involves a procurement of known quantities of energy from public Auctions, with the selection criterion being the lowest bid price that meets all the bidding conditions.
Short-term supply: involves a purchase of electricity to cover the day-ahead losses on the Croatian Power Exchange (CROPEX).
All bidders who have an Electricity Market Participation Agreement signed with the Croatian Energy Market Operator Ltd. (HROTE) shall qualify for the auction, except for HROTE, who, as the leader of the ECO Balancing Group, must have a Balance Responsibility Agreement signed with HOPS.
Documentation for participation in the Auctions for purchase of energy to cover transmission system losses in the year 2020:
For participation in the Auctions market participants must submit the Requests for bid for purchase of energy to cover transmission system losses in the year 2020 with all the required documents to HOPS. Immediately upon receipt of the Request for bid and all the required documents HOPS shall conduct a control of their validity.
Once delivered and confirmed the Request for bid is valid for all the Auctions that will occur for the purchase of energy to cover losses for the year 2020.
Requests for bid with all the required documents shall be submitted in a closed envelope by registered mail or direct delivery to the Registry office of HOPS on the following address: Hrvatski operator prijenosnog sustava d.o.o., Kupska 4, 10 000 Zagreb.
All participants that have a confirmed validity of their Request at least two days before the Auction start and that have delivered the Bid security no later than two hours before the start of the Auction may participate in the Auction.
Auctions for the purchase of energy to cover transmission system lossess for the year 2020:
- Auction rules for purchase of energy to cover transmission system losses in the year 2020 via the CROPEX trading platform
- Date of the Auction: 15.10.2019
- Delivery Period: from 01/01/2020 at 00:00h to 31/12/2020 at 24:00h
- Delivery Capacity and Profile: 10 MWh/h every day of the year, Monday-Sunday, from 00:00h to 24:00h
- Auction rules for purchase of energy to cover transmission system losses via the CROPEX trading platform for the time period from 01.04.2020 to 30.06.2020
- Date of the Auction: 04.11.2019
- Delivery Period: from 01/04/2020 at 00:00h to 30/06/2020 at 24:00h
- Delivery Capacity and Profile: 10 MWh/h every day of the yearly quarter, Monday-Sunday, from 00:00h to 24:00h
HOPS will announce the date of the future bidding no later than three business days before the start of the bidding.